Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is there anywhere I can buy just an 18'; piece of clear 4'; pvc pipe and 90-degree angles for a home project?

I want to make a waterbridge for my aquariums, but any place that has clear pvc pipe only sells it in 10-ft lengths. At $16 or more per foot, that's just a lot more than I can afford unless I plan to go into production!Is there anywhere I can buy just an 18'; piece of clear 4'; pvc pipe and 90-degree angles for a home project?
Look in the Yellow Pages for some reputable plumbers and make a few calls. Tell them that you need only an 18'; piece for a project, they should have several pieces like that just lying around, and might even just let you come and pick them up for free. If you are respectful when you ask, I can't imagine they would turn you down.Is there anywhere I can buy just an 18'; piece of clear 4'; pvc pipe and 90-degree angles for a home project?
I would try a specialized plastic pipe dealer. In my area it is Portland Plastic Pipe, Portland, Maine.
lowes
I was going to suggest Home Depot or Lowes, but you've probably looked there. Sorry.
Have you looked for flexible acrylic tubing, or does it need to be pvc?

No comments:

Post a Comment